The congregational council provides direction and leadership for the church. The 2015 council membership is listed below.
Front Row: Mike Streich, Ashley Miller, Jackie Currey, Tiina Smith, Trisha Severson & Jim Cook
Back Row: Russel Fox, Tom Gruss, Jerry Swenson, Derrick Monson, Mike Hansen, & Larry Oddy
Peace Lutheran Church
January 14, 2016
The meeting was called to order by President Larry Oddy at 7:02 p.m. All members present except Trish Severson.
- Opening Devotions: Bill Miller
- Mike Streich to approve the minutes of December 10, 2015, it was seconded by Tiina, passed.
- Val Ross presented the Treasurer’s Report. Mike Hanson moved to accept, second by Tom Gruss, approved. Val then presented the final Income & Expense Statement. Actual versus Budget. Tiina moved to increase nursery attendant wages by $1.00 per hour. Second by Jackie, passed unanimously.
- Congregational Concerns. None presented.
- Pastor’s Reports
- Coughlin. Good attendance at both Advent and Christmas services: 181 at the barn; 151 at the 8:00 pm service. The Lady Bug schedule as Pr. Bob & Pr. Jeff doing devotions 3 times per month each. Thankful for outdoor light working. Confirmation class in progress. The Creation Health Service has 35 attendees. Every week has a different topic.
- Redlin. The preaching schedule is set through April 2016. The Worship Committee met and Lent is planned out. He will be gone January 21 through 27 on vacation. His personal goal is Stewardship for 2016 by being part of the Stewardship and Finance Committee. He wishes to promote care by inspiring 1. Facilities, 2. Fellowship, 3. Faith, and 4. Finance.
- New Business
- Church Council nominees will be in Sunday’s Bulletin.
- Notice of the Annual Meeting will be in 2 consecutive Sunday Bulletins prior to the January 31 meeting, and written notice will be mailed out 10 days prior as well.
- The roster of voting members will be available at the Annual Meeting.
- Redlin and Mike Hanson led a discussion of changes to the Constitution and By-laws which will be presented to the PLC congregation at the Annual Meeting. It was proposed that an overhead slide show will best show the congregation the changes proposed. Tom moved we present a hard copy of the amendments to the Constitution and By-laws to the congregation. Second by Russ, approved.
- The energy audit by Northwest Energy done in 1999 was obtained by Larry Oddy and given to Derrick Monson.
- The Girl Scouts have asked to use the church for their cookie drive. Mike H. moved to exempt them from the use fee one time, second by Russ, passed.
- The Council will meet at a retreat on February 21, 2016 (instead of the second Thursday) at 11:30 after church services. The Council members going off will need to turn in their Council Books.
- Coughlin and Pr. Redlin will be gone on April 17 to the LCMC Conference. Pr. Duffy
- will conduct services.
- A draft of the postcard announcing the Annual Meeting was handed out for approval. It was approved.
- Team Reports
- Congregational Life. Tiina presented a proposal by Olan Mills to do a new church membership directory. Russ moved to approve, Jerry seconded, to have them do the photographs, etc., on a date to be determined.
- Items b. through f. were not called upon.
There being no Old Business, the meeting was adjourned at 10:08 p.m.
Jim Cook, Secretary